If you have not already discovered Muddy Stilettos, I highly recommend you visit their website https://muddystilettos.co.uk
There are reviews and great ideas on things to do, eating out, fashion, beauty, wellbeing, life, travel, kids and more...
From the Muddy Stilettos website
About Muddy Stilettos
Muddy Stilettos first tottered into the world in 2011 as a way for journalist Hero Brown (Independent on Sunday, The Observer, Red, Marie Claire, Elle) to find out the fun stuff to do in Bucks & Oxon, having moved out of London that summer with husband and baby son in tow.
Quickly Muddy Stilettos caught on locally to become the ultimate ‘urban guide to the countryside’ – a witty, super-useful insider’s guide to the very best food, walks, boutiques, day trips, hotels, interiors and events for smart, fun-loving women living outside London.
In Nov 2012 the site turned into a business, and seven years on, Muddy Stilettos can now be found in 25 counties, with editions in Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Kent, Northants, Norfolk, Somerset, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Warwickshire and Wiltshire and Worcestershire.
I’m Rachel, a journalist with more than 20 years in the industry as a writer and editor – Sunday Express, The Mirror, Daily Mail, more! and Bliss, to name a few. I have spent years creating lifestyle content for newspapers, mags and brands to fund my love of food, fashion, interiors and fabulous shoes.
I live with my husband Dave and our two boys, Morgan and Sam. In 2006 ?we swapped urban east London for the gorgeous Berkshire countryside. Far from the wilderness years I was half-anticipating, I discovered this great county is full of likeminded people all looking for fresh air, fun and more pub lunches than you can shake a stick at.
Ten years later, we are still here and have put down tree-like roots. With two boisterous boys, and an overexcited dog to entertain (and occasionally escape), I am living proof there is a fab life to be enjoyed outside the M25 – and I am excited to discover new stuff on home turf to share with my awesome Muddy readers.
The original Muddy Stilettos (Bucks/Oxon) has been running in its present form since Nov 2012 and has become so successful that it has moved into 24 further counties – Hertfordshire, Berkshire (c’est moi!) Northants, Bedfordshire, Surrey, Kent, Norfolk, Suffolk, Sussex, Somerset and Cornwall, Cambridgeshire, Devon, Dorset, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Kent, Leicestershire, Rutland, Warwickshire and Wiltshire.
This is Hero’s Muddy Mantra that all Muddy editors also follow:
- I try everything out so that you can fully trust my opinion. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere (for example, an event that hasn’t happened yet!) I let you know about it. Sometimes guest editors review and these will be clearly marked.
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and as such accepts advertising and utilises affiliate links. However, I believe passionately in only working with brands that share my ethos and are relevant to my readers. I retain editorial control and independence at all times.
- I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or via twitter @muddystiletto.
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. BUT if you’re not good enough, I will not write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether the experience was offered to me on a complementary basis. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.
Credit: Muddy Stilettos website
I have been nominated in this years Muddy Stilettos Awards for The Best Jewellery Store in Berkshire category and I am absolutely thrilled to be nominated. A big thank you for the nomination and to everyone who has voted, I appreciate it so much and feel really honoured as The Muddy Stilettos Awards are highly renowned. Fingers crossed :-)
Love Maxine x